Strict Standards: Declaration of KunenaLayoutBase::debug() should be compatible with JLayoutBase::debug($data = Array) in /home/newtd/public_html/libraries/kunena/layout/base.php on line 38
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Idea for Charm of Avarice < Feedback Please!

Re: New Idea for Charm of Avarice < Feedback Please! 5 years 6 months ago #169

It is a very expensive relic when I compare it to the others (referring to recipe 2), recipe 1 benefits from extra slots
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Idea for Charm of Avarice < Feedback Please! 5 years 6 months ago #170

  • balthasar
  • balthasar's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Posts: 2118
The value of the items in each recipe is roughly the same, depending on what value you place on the HoP. Recipe one is currently placing that value around $600, while the price of the HoP was closer to $700 before the token discussion began. Lowering the GP required for recipe one helps alleviate the sting of HoP essentially being reprinted int the form of the Amulet.

I do not own an HoP and I count myself lucky that the original Legendary has been reduced to a Relic. Nobody is being hit hard with these recipes, and both open up 2 slots.
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by balthasar. Reason: fixed a typo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Idea for Charm of Avarice < Feedback Please! 5 years 6 months ago #171

  • lazlo_hollyfeld1985
  • lazlo_hollyfeld1985's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +2
  • "Boy, these military people are so untrusting"
  • Posts: 6667
Lordoftherealm wrote:
Does anyone know if the second recipe will be lowered slightly with regards to gold? It seems that the non HOP peeps are getting hit hard enough. Just my thoughts
IMHO they should be. They are getting the HoP effect without actually owning one. So they should be hit. I think the recipe is weak on the second one
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Idea for Charm of Avarice < Feedback Please! 5 years 6 months ago #172

  • Fizzikx
  • Fizzikx's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Posts: 1879
lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:
Lordoftherealm wrote:
Does anyone know if the second recipe will be lowered slightly with regards to gold? It seems that the non HOP peeps are getting hit hard enough. Just my thoughts
IMHO they should be. They are getting the HoP effect without actually owning one. So they should be hit. I think the recipe is weak on the second one

In my situation I have a HoP and a Cham to convert -
But missing a ring of riches. A slightly cheaper 2nd option would be welcomed but perhaps only by increasing the HoP point value to 5. (Also this would put the HoP more in line with a $500 price tag, rather than the $400 price tag the ingredient list currently is valuing it at)
Team Synergy 2012, 2013, 2014
Preminant Resident of the State of Confusion
Part-Time Cat Herder
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Fizzikx.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Idea for Charm of Avarice < Feedback Please! 5 years 6 months ago #173

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 2542
Lordoftherealm wrote:
It is a very expensive relic when I compare it to the others (referring to recipe 2), recipe 1 benefits from extra slots

Its the only relic which is timeless.

It opens two slots. Which for me will give me Stu Pendous Pendant and Ring of Frost. That adds to the odd number from my Frost Giant Girdle. So effectively I get +2 to hit and +4 to damage. And a boat load of loot.

Then look at the trade goods. The +3 slayer sword takes:

1× Alchemist's Ink
6× Alchemist's Parchment
2× Aragonite
6× Darkwood Plank
14× Dwarven Steel
2× Elven Bismuth
8× Minotaur Hide
1× Mystic Silk
1× Philosopher's Stone

This falls somewhere between Relic and Legendary in terms of its power. I'd prefer that we add a few more Stones and lower the dwarven steel and eleven bismuth a bit, but overall I'm happy with this.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Idea for Charm of Avarice < Feedback Please! 5 years 6 months ago #174

  • balthasar
  • balthasar's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Posts: 2118
Harlax wrote:
Lordoftherealm wrote:
It is a very expensive relic when I compare it to the others (referring to recipe 2), recipe 1 benefits from extra slots

Its the only relic which is timeless.

It opens two slots. Which for me will give me Stu Pendous Pendant and Ring of Frost. That adds to the odd number from my Frost Giant Girdle. So effectively I get +2 to hit and +4 to damage. And a boat load of loot.

Then look at the trade goods. The +3 slayer sword takes:

1× Alchemist's Ink
6× Alchemist's Parchment
2× Aragonite
6× Darkwood Plank
14× Dwarven Steel
2× Elven Bismuth
8× Minotaur Hide
1× Mystic Silk
1× Philosopher's Stone

This falls somewhere between Relic and Legendary in terms of its power. I'd prefer that we add a few more Stones and lower the dwarven steel and eleven bismuth a bit, but overall I'm happy with this.

I agree with the swapping Steel for some Stones. Maybe drop 4 Steel for 6 Stones?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Idea for Charm of Avarice < Feedback Please! 5 years 6 months ago #175

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:
Lordoftherealm wrote:
Does anyone know if the second recipe will be lowered slightly with regards to gold? It seems that the non HOP peeps are getting hit hard enough. Just my thoughts
IMHO they should be. They are getting the HoP effect without actually owning one. So they should be hit. I think the recipe is weak on the second one

Consider the number of people who didn't want the CoA to exist at all, and the cost of the original recipes. And, Jeff already dropped some gold costs.

I'm inclined to just count ourselves lucky and stop pushing on the CoA recipes before they turn back into Legendaries...
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Idea for Charm of Avarice < Feedback Please! 5 years 6 months ago #176

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 3076
Brad Mortensen wrote:
lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:
Lordoftherealm wrote:
Does anyone know if the second recipe will be lowered slightly with regards to gold? It seems that the non HOP peeps are getting hit hard enough. Just my thoughts
IMHO they should be. They are getting the HoP effect without actually owning one. So they should be hit. I think the recipe is weak on the second one

Consider the number of people who didn't want the CoA to exist at all, and the cost of the original recipes. And, Jeff already dropped some gold costs.

I'm inclined to just count ourselves lucky and stop pushing on the CoA recipes before they turn back into Legendaries...

Wait is that an option? ;)
You either discover a star or you don't, you arrogant punk.


Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Idea for Charm of Avarice < Feedback Please! 5 years 6 months ago #177

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +3
  • Thanks for the War Banana, Druegar!
  • Posts: 12062
Both recipes are wicked expensive. I'll have to come up with another TEUR and a ton of gold (for recipe 2, since I don't have an HoP).
My posts are back! Yay!

Check out the new Druegar token! Usable by all!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Idea for Charm of Avarice < Feedback Please! 5 years 6 months ago #178

Fizzikx wrote:
lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:
Lordoftherealm wrote:
Does anyone know if the second recipe will be lowered slightly with regards to gold? It seems that the non HOP peeps are getting hit hard enough. Just my thoughts
IMHO they should be. They are getting the HoP effect without actually owning one. So they should be hit. I think the recipe is weak on the second one

In my situation I have a HoP and a Cham to convert -
But missing a ring of riches. A slightly cheaper 2nd option would be welcomed but perhaps only by increasing the HoP point value to 5. (Also this would put the HoP more in line with a $500 price tag, rather than the $400 price tag the ingredient list currently is valuing it at)

Wouldn't you be better off buying a RoR and crafting with recipe 1 than crafting with Recipe #2?

I think RoR's can be had for around $250. I'd imagine you'd spend more than that on the Aragonite, Golden Fleece, Oil of Enchantment, Elven Bismuth, and AoTF alone if you went route 2.
Pick your Purple and discounted token packs: discount-dungeon.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Idea for Charm of Avarice < Feedback Please! 5 years 6 months ago #179

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 3076
Only if he has to buy those trade tokens. If he already has them on hand then a acquiring a RoR is more expensive than acquiring an AoTF.
You either discover a star or you don't, you arrogant punk.


Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Idea for Charm of Avarice < Feedback Please! 5 years 6 months ago #180

  • Fizzikx
  • Fizzikx's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Posts: 1879
Matthew Hayward wrote:
Fizzikx wrote:
lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:
Lordoftherealm wrote:
Does anyone know if the second recipe will be lowered slightly with regards to gold? It seems that the non HOP peeps are getting hit hard enough. Just my thoughts
IMHO they should be. They are getting the HoP effect without actually owning one. So they should be hit. I think the recipe is weak on the second one

In my situation I have a HoP and a Cham to convert -
But missing a ring of riches. A slightly cheaper 2nd option would be welcomed but perhaps only by increasing the HoP point value to 5. (Also this would put the HoP more in line with a $500 price tag, rather than the $400 price tag the ingredient list currently is valuing it at)

Wouldn't you be better off buying a RoR and crafting with recipe 1 than crafting with Recipe #2?

I think RoR's can be had for around $250. I'd imagine you'd spend more than that on the Aragonite, Golden Fleece, Oil of Enchantment, Elven Bismuth, and AoTF alone if you went route 2.

I need to fully sort through my stuff but I know I have enough to make a fleece and most of the trade items... Plus I'm very low on cash at the moment.

Trust me id much rather use recipe 1.
Team Synergy 2012, 2013, 2014
Preminant Resident of the State of Confusion
Part-Time Cat Herder
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds