Strict Standards: Declaration of KunenaLayoutBase::debug() should be compatible with JLayoutBase::debug($data = Array) in /home/newtd/public_html/libraries/kunena/layout/base.php on line 38
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2015 Xmute Recipes?

Re: 2015 Xmute Recipes? 5 years 7 months ago #61

  • PirateSean
  • PirateSean's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Full Member
  • Lords of Light!
  • Posts: 192
Jeff, as always, thanks for your work on these awesome tokens!

As you are putting together your final thoughts on this preliminary round of token recipes, I’d like to offer a suggestion regarding the Icecrag Heroes Earcuff. It has been speculated that this recipe will require one of each of the monster trophy tokens from at least 2013 and 2014. If that is the case, I’d like to suggest that instead of requiring one of each of these four tokens from 2013, you might consider requiring any four from 2013.

The reason I make this suggestion is because 2013 was something of an unusual year with regards to token draws, given the presence of the loaded (and IMHO, wonderful!) treasure box. It has been my observation that many people seem to have relatively few of these 2013 tokens, so any flexibility in which particular ones they need to turn in would be welcome. Furthermore, since the future existence of a 4C token wasn’t announced last year (or at least not widely publicized – which it really wasn’t this year either, until we started talking about 2015 transmutes), I think many people haven’t been able to diversify their inventory of 2013 monster trophies yet and may have even turned a number in for Golden Fleece, etc.

So, to reiterate, my suggestion is that the recipe include:

Any four 2013 monster trophy tokens.

I welcome the community’s input on this suggestion. Thanks.
"No wizard was ever nice, and no barbarian silly! To the abyss!" - Thundarr the Barbarian
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by PirateSean. Reason: error
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2015 Xmute Recipes? 5 years 7 months ago #62

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 2542
Jeff Martin wrote:
I will be posting the preliminary list of Transmuted recipes later today. Hang tight, and thanks for your patience!

Woot! :)
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Harlax.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2015 Xmute Recipes? 5 years 7 months ago #63

  • Incognito
  • Incognito's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Posts: 4361
PirateSean wrote:
As you are putting together your final thoughts on this preliminary round of token recipes, I’d like to offer a suggestion regarding the Icecrag Heroes Earcuff. It has been speculated that this recipe will require one of each of the monster trophy tokens from at least 2013 and 2014. If that is the case, I’d like to suggest that instead of requiring one of each of these four tokens from 2013, you might consider requiring any four from 2013.

The reason I make this suggestion is because 2013 was something of an unusual year with regards to token draws, given the presence of the loaded (and IMHO, wonderful!) treasure box. It has been my observation that many people seem to have relatively few of these 2013 tokens, so any flexibility in which particular ones they need to turn in would be welcome. Furthermore, since the future existence of a 4C token wasn’t announced last year (or at least not widely publicized – which it really wasn’t this year either, until we started talking about 2015 transmutes), I think many people haven’t been able to diversify their inventory of 2013 monster trophies yet and may have even turned a number in for Golden Fleece, etc.

So, to reiterate, my suggestion is that the recipe include:

Any four 2013 monster trophy tokens.

I welcome the community’s input on this suggestion. Thanks.
I disagree with this suggestion.

#1. Yes, 2013 trophies are a bit rarer b/c of the Wertz's Relics, but that is actually a reason to *keep* the 2013 trophies' important. Because there are still plenty of veterans sore at missing out on the Relic bonanza and "all they got was a lousy monster trophy." Making the 2013 trophies easily replaceable would be like rubbing salt into their wounds.

#2. 2014 trophies are extremely plentiful. Being able to convert them into 2013 trophies is not a good idea IMHO.

#3. Even if it was not officially announced, many people have operated on the assumption that there would be a 4C token. Especially given the dissatisfaction with the Wertz situation, it would have actually been a fairly safe bet to assume that a 4C token would pop up. There has been plenty of time for people to diversify their trophy collections.

So I think that the IceCrag Hero Ear-thingy recipe should be comparable to past 4C recipes, particularly the other 3-year recipe, the Medallion of Greyhawk.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2015 Xmute Recipes? 5 years 7 months ago #64

Incognito wrote:
PirateSean wrote:
As you are putting together your final thoughts on this preliminary round of token recipes, I’d like to offer a suggestion regarding the Icecrag Heroes Earcuff. It has been speculated that this recipe will require one of each of the monster trophy tokens from at least 2013 and 2014. If that is the case, I’d like to suggest that instead of requiring one of each of these four tokens from 2013, you might consider requiring any four from 2013.

The reason I make this suggestion is because 2013 was something of an unusual year with regards to token draws, given the presence of the loaded (and IMHO, wonderful!) treasure box. It has been my observation that many people seem to have relatively few of these 2013 tokens, so any flexibility in which particular ones they need to turn in would be welcome. Furthermore, since the future existence of a 4C token wasn’t announced last year (or at least not widely publicized – which it really wasn’t this year either, until we started talking about 2015 transmutes), I think many people haven’t been able to diversify their inventory of 2013 monster trophies yet and may have even turned a number in for Golden Fleece, etc.

So, to reiterate, my suggestion is that the recipe include:

Any four 2013 monster trophy tokens.

I welcome the community’s input on this suggestion. Thanks.
I disagree with this suggestion.

#1. Yes, 2013 trophies are a bit rarer b/c of the Wertz's Relics, but that is actually a reason to *keep* the 2013 trophies' important. Because there are still plenty of veterans sore at missing out on the Relic bonanza and "all they got was a lousy monster trophy." Making the 2013 trophies easily replaceable would be like rubbing salt into their wounds.

#2. 2014 trophies are extremely plentiful. Being able to convert them into 2013 trophies is not a good idea IMHO.

#3. Even if it was not officially announced, many people have operated on the assumption that there would be a 4C token. Especially given the dissatisfaction with the Wertz situation, it would have actually been a fairly safe bet to assume that a 4C token would pop up. There has been plenty of time for people to diversify their trophy collections.

So I think that the IceCrag Hero Ear-thingy recipe should be comparable to past 4C recipes, particularly the other 3-year recipe, the Medallion of Greyhawk.

He didn't suggest using 2014 trophies instead of 2013. (At least not in the post I read, nor in the post you quoted. He did edit the post, so its possible he had a typo in the original.)
Forum Name: Milambus
Real Name: Jake Fitch
Main Class: Monk

Buy my Stuff
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2015 Xmute Recipes? 5 years 7 months ago #65

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 2542
Incognito wrote:
PirateSean wrote:
As you are putting together your final thoughts on this preliminary round of token recipes, I’d like to offer a suggestion regarding the Icecrag Heroes Earcuff. It has been speculated that this recipe will require one of each of the monster trophy tokens from at least 2013 and 2014. If that is the case, I’d like to suggest that instead of requiring one of each of these four tokens from 2013, you might consider requiring any four from 2013.

The reason I make this suggestion is because 2013 was something of an unusual year with regards to token draws, given the presence of the loaded (and IMHO, wonderful!) treasure box. It has been my observation that many people seem to have relatively few of these 2013 tokens, so any flexibility in which particular ones they need to turn in would be welcome. Furthermore, since the future existence of a 4C token wasn’t announced last year (or at least not widely publicized – which it really wasn’t this year either, until we started talking about 2015 transmutes), I think many people haven’t been able to diversify their inventory of 2013 monster trophies yet and may have even turned a number in for Golden Fleece, etc.

So, to reiterate, my suggestion is that the recipe include:

Any four 2013 monster trophy tokens.

I welcome the community’s input on this suggestion. Thanks.
#2. 2014 trophies are extremely plentiful. Being able to convert them into 2013 trophies is not a good idea IMHO.

Where did he say this?
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2015 Xmute Recipes? 5 years 7 months ago #66

  • PirateSean
  • PirateSean's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Full Member
  • Lords of Light!
  • Posts: 192
Incognito wrote:
#2. 2014 trophies are extremely plentiful. Being able to convert them into 2013 trophies is not a good idea IMHO.

#3. Even if it was not officially announced, many people have operated on the assumption that there would be a 4C token. Especially given the dissatisfaction with the Wertz situation, it would have actually been a fairly safe bet to assume that a 4C token would pop up. There has been plenty of time for people to diversify their trophy collections.

I appreciate your thoughts. A couple of quick responses:

#2 - For the record, I didn't suggest that 2014 trophies be allowed to substitute for 2013 trophies. I just suggested requiring any four 2013 trophies instead of each of the four 2013 trophies. I'm not suggesting we allow cross-year substitution.

#3 - I think this assumption might be less common than you think. During the 2015 token discussion, I recall stories of people who had turned in their 2013s in for Golden Fleece because no word had come down on the existence of a 4C. Seasoned Dungeoneers and frequenters on the forums might have had a suspicion, but I think it is fair to say that a lot of people didn't know.

(BTW, for the record (and I'm not sure why I feel it is necessary to state this), but this issue doesn't really affect me personally, as I have a decent number of 2013s and can make sets fairly easily with minimal trading.)

Thanks.
"No wizard was ever nice, and no barbarian silly! To the abyss!" - Thundarr the Barbarian
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2015 Xmute Recipes? 5 years 7 months ago #67

  • PirateSean
  • PirateSean's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Full Member
  • Lords of Light!
  • Posts: 192
Oops. Ninja'ed. :) Thanks to those who pointed out that I hadn't suggested cross-year substitutions.

Also, the edit to the original post was to correct a typo. It never indicated a suggestion of cross-year substitutions.

Thanks.
"No wizard was ever nice, and no barbarian silly! To the abyss!" - Thundarr the Barbarian
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2015 Xmute Recipes? 5 years 7 months ago #68

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +3
  • Thanks for the War Banana, Druegar!
  • Posts: 12062
+1 to Incognito.
My posts are back! Yay!

Check out the new Druegar token! Usable by all!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2015 Xmute Recipes? 5 years 7 months ago #69

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 2542
I was certainly operating based on the speculation that there would be a 4c. I made several trades last year and this based on this.

To be sure, it was speculation. And if you were not an obsessive forum reader (did I just confess to that?) it was possible to miss it.

But it was out there.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2015 Xmute Recipes? 5 years 7 months ago #70

bpsymington wrote:
+1 to Incognito.

I have to agree. I have extra Werewolf Fangs trying to trade into a Direwood Thorn. I've heard nothing but the chirping of crickets. So, people must have traded to balance out their sets before I could. Otherwise, let trading resolve this concern, if it is a concern?
True Dungeon IS teamwork. Tokens offer a better chance of survival for the team. :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2015 Xmute Recipes? 5 years 7 months ago #71

  • balthasar
  • balthasar's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Posts: 2118
We have had two story arc transmutes so far, so I think it was safe to assume there would a third. Worst case, you have bits for a Fleece to make the Ring of Heroism :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2015 Xmute Recipes? 5 years 7 months ago #72

Posters just love to escalate discussions based off things people never said. +1 to PirateSean. I only pulled two monster tokens in 2013. If this 4c requires a bunch I'm hosed.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds