Strict Standards: Declaration of KunenaLayoutBase::debug() should be compatible with JLayoutBase::debug($data = Array) in /home/newtd/public_html/libraries/kunena/layout/base.php on line 38
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Newsletter

New Newsletter 4 years 8 months ago #1

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 3076
You either discover a star or you don't, you arrogant punk.


Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Newsletter 4 years 8 months ago #2

  • Pstyle
  • Pstyle's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 433
I got the email. I dont know how i feel about it. I recommrnded one treasure chip minimum if a party was not able to figure stuff out or got screwed.
But giving all 3 treasure chips? Will there be any reward feeling in the dungeon if the treasure is already obtained guaranteed? It seems great for new people, but not for the people who love fighting and solving stuff for rewards.
START HERE FOR TOKEN RESEARCH
Token DataBase

CHARACTER GENERATORS
Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Character Generator for Android
Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Newsletter 4 years 8 months ago #3

  • MasterED
  • MasterED's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Posts: 1125
Big News:

Everyone Gets 3 Treasure Coins

We received some complaints of players spoiling rooms for other players where treasure stamps were available. It seems the spoiling players had either the answer to the puzzle or vastly better tokens -- and both were used in an inconsiderate manner to insure a treasure stamp was gained. To combat this, we have decided to do away entirely with the treasure stamp system. Instead, all players will receive three Treasure Coins (plus any extra gained through magic) at the end of the adventure.

We will also post signs to remind players to be thoughtful of other players if they have "secret" info about a challenge.

Improved Training

With our stepped-up production schedule, we have gained the ability to improve our training in 2016. For instance, we will be able to produce a video for each room that shows DMs and NPCs a great example of how the room should be run. They will be able to view this video prior to the event -- as well as at Gen Con.

Improved Oversight & Immediate Feedback

We are currently developing tools that will enable the Adventure Coordinators to better manage the task of adventure oversight. Issues will be identified much sooner, and players will have a method to contact Adventure Coordinators immediately should they feel it necessary. Our goal is to make sure that players have the best possible experience by giving the adventure volunteers outstanding support and guidance.
Useful Links:
My Store - IceCrag Keep Outfitters Trading
Cranston's Char Gen App for iDevices
Amorgen's Excel Char Gen Tool
Token DataBase

TD Accomplishments:
Member of the first team to survive Epic True Grind
Proud member of Gas Station Sushi
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Newsletter 4 years 8 months ago #4

  • Joshua Baessler
  • Joshua Baessler's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member
  • I wish my lawn was a MEC wizard so it'd cut itself
  • Posts: 599
Good stuff. I love the idea of creating a video for all 16 (I think that's right) rooms.

I'm on board with the three treasure tokens stuff too, just curious how the Bard Troubadour will be changed now that the guaranteed treasure power is effectively useless.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Newsletter 4 years 8 months ago #5

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +3
  • Thanks for the War Banana, Druegar!
  • Posts: 12062
Overall I am excited about most of these changes. Nice work, Jeff and TD community.
My posts are back! Yay!

Check out the new Druegar token! Usable by all!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Newsletter 4 years 8 months ago #6

  • MasterED
  • MasterED's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Posts: 1125
Pstyle wrote:
I got the email. I dont know how i feel about it. I recommrnded one treasure chip minimum if a party was not able to figure stuff out or got screwed.
But giving all 3 treasure chips? Will there be any reward feeling in the dungeon if the treasure is already obtained guaranteed? It seems great for new people, but not for the people who love fighting and solving stuff for rewards.
I think you are right - we are now paying for an experience rather than a game. I understand why the change but I think it brings its own negatives.

Ed
Useful Links:
My Store - IceCrag Keep Outfitters Trading
Cranston's Char Gen App for iDevices
Amorgen's Excel Char Gen Tool
Token DataBase

TD Accomplishments:
Member of the first team to survive Epic True Grind
Proud member of Gas Station Sushi
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Newsletter 4 years 8 months ago #7

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +3
  • Thanks for the War Banana, Druegar!
  • Posts: 12062
Joshua Baessler wrote:
Good stuff. I love the idea of creating a video for all 16 (I think that's right) rooms.

I'm on board with the three treasure tokens stuff too, just curious how the Bard Troubadour will be changed now that the guaranteed treasure power is effectively useless.

Might be 18 rooms - I know my dungeon had 9 unique rooms.
My posts are back! Yay!

Check out the new Druegar token! Usable by all!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Newsletter 4 years 8 months ago #8

  • Joshua Baessler
  • Joshua Baessler's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member
  • I wish my lawn was a MEC wizard so it'd cut itself
  • Posts: 599
bpsymington wrote:
Joshua Baessler wrote:
Good stuff. I love the idea of creating a video for all 16 (I think that's right) rooms.

I'm on board with the three treasure tokens stuff too, just curious how the Bard Troubadour will be changed now that the guaranteed treasure power is effectively useless.

Might be 18 rooms - I know my dungeon had 9 unique rooms.

That makes more sense. 5 room base plus 2 rooms that swap out for puzzle or combat would make 9 possible rooms on each side. That's a lot of videos!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Newsletter 4 years 8 months ago #9

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +3
  • Thanks for the War Banana, Druegar!
  • Posts: 12062
I know some people might not like the automatic three tokens, but it does address some concerns.

- no need to worry about the "right" way to solve a puzzle
- no need to worry about a certain number of failures costing your party a stamp
- no need to worry about DM consistency as far as treasure is concerned (of course, we will try very hard to make sure DMs are consistently excellent)
- good for new players who would get discouraged by getting only one stamp (or none)
- removes question of whether you get a stamp for just surviving room 7 if you don't defeat the boss monster.
My posts are back! Yay!

Check out the new Druegar token! Usable by all!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Newsletter 4 years 8 months ago #10

  • lazlo_hollyfeld1985
  • lazlo_hollyfeld1985's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +2
  • "Boy, these military people are so untrusting"
  • Posts: 6667
bpsymington wrote:
I know some people might not like the automatic three tokens, but it does address some concerns.

- no need to worry about the "right" way to solve a puzzle
- no need to worry about a certain number of failures costing your party a stamp
- no need to worry about DM consistency as far as treasure is concerned (of course, we will try very hard to make sure DMs are consistently excellent)
- good for new players who would get discouraged by getting only one stamp (or none)
- removes question of whether you get a stamp for just surviving room 7 if you don't defeat the boss monster.
it hurts my artifact..so yea i dont like it..i didnt like the change in HoP last year because it hurt it too...
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Newsletter 4 years 8 months ago #11

  • Ro-gan
  • Ro-gan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member
  • He's No Use To Me Dead.
  • Posts: 792
If this encourages us DMs the ability to allow players to use creative ways to solve Rooms and the ability to actually use Tokens creatively without being penalized I'm okay with the change.
"It's treason then."



Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Character Generator for Android

Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Newsletter 4 years 8 months ago #12

Joshua Baessler wrote:
Good stuff. I love the idea of creating a video for all 16 (I think that's right) rooms.

I'm on board with the three treasure tokens stuff too, just curious how the Bard Troubadour will be changed now that the guaranteed treasure power is effectively useless.

We are rewriting the cards early next year, so it can be corrected before next runs.
~Meta: 'Light is only a shadow cast by the darkness of the stars'
hail hydra
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds