Strict Standards: Declaration of KunenaLayoutBase::debug() should be compatible with JLayoutBase::debug($data = Array) in /home/newtd/public_html/libraries/kunena/layout/base.php on line 38
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: End the Combat and Puzzle Variations in 2014?

Re: End the Combat and Puzzle Variations in 2014? 6 years 2 months ago #157

  • EN 429
  • EN 429's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Bite this bulette.
  • Posts: 1714
Mike Steele wrote:
Ro-gan wrote:
Mike Steele wrote:
I know the Chip tokens are superior in almost every way, but I do miss the woodies :)

I miss the woodies because they were way lighter to carry on my person.

I TOTALLY agree! :) Whenever possible I use wooden tokens to make the binder lighter. But, in two full binders of tokens for all 10 characters, I'm down to just two wooden tokens. A Dragonscale Shield for me (Druid) and a Gloves of Dexterity for the Rogue. :)

Beware Mike is highly flammable with those wood tokens.
Tinker, Gnome, Wizard, DIE!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: End the Combat and Puzzle Variations in 2014? 6 years 2 months ago #158

I overheard a conversation at WYC about possible floor space that had not yet been tapped by Gen Con, but have no idea if that is this, and I wouldn't want to speak out of turn.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: End the Combat and Puzzle Variations in 2014? 6 years 2 months ago #159

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 2542
Corinth wrote:
Harlax wrote:
I think hotel capacity is more the issue than Convention Center space. As others have pointed out, there is meeting space in Lucas Oil Stadium that has not been tapped. I don't think all the Union Station space has been tapped.

The content is gated for subscribers only, but here is an article from the Indiana Business Journal about the hotel situation in Downtown Indy: www.ibj.com/kite-floats-two-tower-pan-am-plaza-project/PARAMS/article/46397

Basically, Kite Realty Group proposed to turn the Pan Am site (the corner where all the food trucks were) into a 2 tower, 20 story, 700+ room hotel. It mentions a skybridge and would include around 30,000 square feet of convention space (the size of the ballroom on the second story of the convention center).

For people (like me) concerned about demand, after the J.W. Marriott added 1,005 rooms, the hotel occupancy rate continued to climb from 68.5% in 2012 to 70.3% in 2013. My favorite quote: "Clearly, the city has shown the ability to generate new demand to match new supply, and then some," Eble said. "They've absorbed the JW without any indigestion."

I believe the speed of the redevelopment hinges on if Indy getting picked for the 2018 Super Bowl. We're one of three cities being considered, and people think we have a good chance of getting it again.

Sound promising but...

The Pan Am Plaza parking garage is one of my favorite downtown parking spots. I'd hate to see that change.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: End the Combat and Puzzle Variations in 2014? 6 years 2 months ago #160

Seth Murray wrote:
I overheard a conversation at WYC about possible floor space that had not yet been tapped by Gen Con, but have no idea if that is this, and I wouldn't want to speak out of turn.

Maybe True Dungeon is moving to a new area. I'm looking forward to details from Jeff and what changes in TD result from his new info.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: End the Combat and Puzzle Variations in 2014? 6 years 2 months ago #161

EN 429 wrote:
Mike Steele wrote:
Ro-gan wrote:
Mike Steele wrote:
I know the Chip tokens are superior in almost every way, but I do miss the woodies :)

I miss the woodies because they were way lighter to carry on my person.

I TOTALLY agree! :) Whenever possible I use wooden tokens to make the binder lighter. But, in two full binders of tokens for all 10 characters, I'm down to just two wooden tokens. A Dragonscale Shield for me (Druid) and a Gloves of Dexterity for the Rogue. :)

Beware Mike is highly flammable with those wood tokens.

Ian, a few years ago and my token binder was highly flammable, but now it's mostly inflammable chips. Not to mention, one of my two wooden tokens is the Dragonscale Shield, so it's actually fire resistant ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: End the Combat and Puzzle Variations in 2014? 6 years 2 months ago #162

  • Brad
  • Brad's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • Posts: 1630
Mike Steele wrote:

Ian, a few years ago and my token binder was highly flammable, but now it's mostly inflammable chips. Not to mention, one of my two wooden tokens is the Dragonscale Shield, so it's actually fire resistant ;)[/quote]

inflammable?

"Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
*mental note* always listen to Jeff
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: End the Combat and Puzzle Variations in 2014? 6 years 2 months ago #163

Brad wrote:
Mike Steele wrote:

Ian, a few years ago and my token binder was highly flammable, but now it's mostly inflammable chips. Not to mention, one of my two wooden tokens is the Dragonscale Shield, so it's actually fire resistant ;)

inflammable?

"Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."[/quote]

You are right, it did not mean what I thought it meant. Inconceivable! ;)
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Mike Steele.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: End the Combat and Puzzle Variations in 2014? 6 years 2 months ago #164

Harlax wrote:
I think hotel capacity is more the issue than Convention Center space. As others have pointed out, there is meeting space in Lucas Oil Stadium that has not been tapped. I don't think all the Union Station space has been tapped.

Maybe some of the hotels that are a little further away could offer a shuttle bus
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: End the Combat and Puzzle Variations in 2014? 6 years 1 month ago #165

  • archmage78
  • archmage78's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +1
  • As you wish.
  • Posts: 1105
you would think some of those far hotels would figure that out!
Proud member Dungeon Delver's Anonymous.

Team Kraken Killers

My name is Sean Hanlin, you killed my father, prepare to die.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: End the Combat and Puzzle Variations in 2014? 6 years 1 month ago #166

  • marimacc
  • marimacc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Full Member
  • Posts: 170
There is a shuttle, just FYI:

www.genconshuttle.com
Gen Con Forums Coordinator<br />Gen Con SPA Coordinator<br />Gen Con Costume Track Coordinator
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds